DCSD teachers recently received an email from an organization called PACE: Professional Association of Colorado Educators. They tout themselves as a non-union, non-profit association for teachers. However, there is a lot behind this organization they are not going to share with you.
PACE: the truth behind the organization
- The following anti-public education advocates are connected with PACE: Alex Cranberg, Ed McVaney, Bob Schaffer, Steve Schuck
- These individuals contributed and/or supported the current DCSD BoE members’ campaigns in 2009 and 2011, as well as their illegal voucher program
- PACE is the state-level arm of the American Association of Educators (AAE)
- AAE is funded by the Walton Family
- The Walton Family Foundation is a funder of the DCSD BoE’s voucher lawsuit
- PACE’s treasurer is Pam Benigno of the Independence Institute
- The Independence Institute is a leading voice for the privatization of public education and supports vouchers
- PACE has three employees in their office for “services” for the entire state of Colorado
- Statewide PACE has 1,100 members, fewer than we have in Douglas County alone
Please take the time to learn more about this organization and their goal to shut down the voices of teachers and privatize public education.