DCF Retirees: Retiree membership form–join now
The Douglas County Federation has created a retiree chapter for our local union. As a member of the Douglas County Federation of Retirees you would:
- Represent the interests of retirees;
- Enrich the lives of members by staying/becoming involved in the Union;
- Strengthen the local’s, state and labor movement’s political influence;
- Shape and enhance the quality of life in the community;
- Be entitled to $1M job-related liability insurance coverage; and
- Be entitled to AFT+ membership benefits. **
**AFT+ member benefits are available to former members of DCF/AFT only.
The chapter will organize retiree volunteers for various activities and coordinate them with the efforts of the working members. Examples:
- Political Involvement – lobbying to secure PERA and other issues impacting retirees
- Organizing Drives/Community Outreach – distribute leaflets, speak to workers, and community groups
- Social Events – participate in various social events such as art museums, tours, fund-raisers, etc.
In order to accomplish our goal, the DCF would like you to become a member of DCFR.