The Douglas County Federation represents all eligible employees within DCSD.
The following employees would NOT be eligible for Union representation:
Managers, Supervisors and employees who are considered to be “confidential” or have access to confidential district or HR information.
DCF is a professional organization committed to the betterment of Douglas County Schools and dignity for the people who work in them. This includes all DCSD employees, as we believe that every person who has contact with our students is impactful on their education and their future.
DCF uses the term “educator” to be intentional about including all employees, rather than “teacher” which excludes the important work our classified employees do.
What DCF Does:
- Assists members in disciplinary and evaluation issues.
- Provides Education Research and Dissemination trainings that will help develop the skills of our members.
- Holds the school district accountable and is prepared to pursue legal or legislative remedies which will provide better working conditions for our members and a better learning environment for our students.
- Provides support and resources for members facing departmental concerns or issues.
- Provides space and facilitation outside of the workplace for members to discuss, plan and work together towards common goals.
- Supports building community across DCSD, we are a Union family, we work together towards shared goals, we support each other and work together towards positive change.
Because classified employees are important, and deserve a voice and strong representation.
Our strength and commitment grows daily with the addition of new members. Being a member of DCF enables your voice to be heard in all facets of the organization. There are many reasons to join your UNION some of which include:
~As a member of the Douglas County Federation you have access to representation by DCF leadership. This may be as simple as reassurance by a phone call that processes are being followed or to get a clear idea of what your rights are, up to representing you in a meeting with your supervisor or district administration.
~ In addition to advice from the Douglas County Federation leadership, members of the DCF will have access to an Occupational Liability Plan which offers up to $1,000,000 of protection for damages and/or attorney fees arising out of the duties of employment.
~ Representatives from the Douglas County Federation sit on a group that works to keep Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) a benefit that we can count on for years to come.
~ As a DCF member you have access to benefits through our national organization, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT). Please click here to see benefits that could provide you with money saving opportunities on insurance, legal and financial services, travel/entertainment, shopping, scholarships, and even loan forgiveness.
~ A special benefit to you as a new AFT member – $12,000 no-cost life insurance for one year.
~ Also, as a part of membership, you will receive a $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy.
Have an issue: Contact Sarah Mesmer at email@example.com